I want to volunteer
The most frequently asked questions about volunteering
Are there age restrictions?
There are no age restrictions, but preferably you must be aged 16+. If you are under 18, parental consent will be required. We will provide you with a form.
What skills are needed?
Responsibility to the tasks, willingness to work in a team and communication skills.
What are the tasks of the volunteer?
Volunteer help for:
- welcoming and sending off the artists/participants of the festival;
- their movement in the city;
- liaising between guests and event organisers;
- the arrangement of the halls and spaces of the main and accompanying programme;
- the creation of short promotional videos from the rehearsals and everything that is related to the "kitchen of the festival";
- the translation from/into Bulgarian or English of the interviews with the artists;
- helping to run the festival's advertising campaign (distributing promotional materials in key locations);
- welcoming and guiding visitors of the festival;
- conducting a survey among the festival audience.
Why should I participate?
As our volunteer you will have the opportunity:
- to get to know Bulgarian and international artists;
- to gain invaluable experience in preparing and organizing a cultural event;
- to get free access to the main and fringe programme as well as the festival rehearsals;
- to make contacts in artistic fields;
- to improve your teamwork skills;
- to improve your level of English;
- to improve your reflectiveness in problem-solving situations;
- to make new friends.
Is food and drink provided?
Mineral water and food will be provided on the days of the festival.
Is there a certificate for volunteering?
Each volunteer will receive a certificate for their participation in the festival.